AGOL apps need custom favicon

02-15-2017 07:41 AM
AaronCohen
New Contributor III

It would be nice to be able to set the favicon on simple web apps built through AGOL without having to hassle with code.

The new Open Data 2.0 sites do it quite nicely as it is a property of the site. (see image below)

This is by no means a show stopper but the less code I have to deal with the better. Seems like it was an simple non-functional requirement that will eventually be dealt with. (as of 2/15/2017).

Tags (1)
4 Comments
RyanNosek

Especially in Web AppBuilder/WAB for Dev apps

EianRay1

This has been an issue with my company and a number of our client's apps. Hopefully this gets resolved sooner than later. Customizing favicons is nothing new, it should be built in.

JamesAuld

While they've made this available in some areas of AGSOL, it's still not available for the online WAB.  It would be great to be able to customize that terrible blue wab icon!

SusanCarlson

Yes, would be great to have a global setting for a favicon for all apps, dashboards, etc. as well as an individual setting. Our public affairs and communication office would prefer us to use use our own icons.I appreciate and use the option in Hub.