Select to view content in your preferred language

Aggregated feature representation in Web Map legend (ArcGIS Online Map Viewer)

12-18-2023 09:16 AM
LilyChase
New Contributor II

I am working on a Web Map in which I have aggregated features in the hopes of uncluttering the initial statewide view of hundreds features. In the legend for these aggregated features, the “Number of features” is shown, and my issue with that is that when zoomed in fairly close in the map, the legend shows parts of whole features, see the screenshot below.

LilyChase_0-1702918510760.png

This doesn’t make sense for features of which there should only be whole numbers. It looks a bit silly and is confusing. In my dabbling, I have not seen any way to edit aggregated feature’s representation in the legend. It would be nice to be able to choose whether decimals are allowed there, or even to be able to change the aggregated feature's legend representation to have less than 5 size categories.

I've played around with "Counts and Amounts (size)" styling, but that does not have the dynamic popups that are automatically created with clustering/aggregation. I am aware that Arcade expressions could be used to configure similar popups to those of aggregation, but require a fair bit of customization.

I have summitted an Esri Support Service ticket for this as well, and through that process it was recommended I make a post here in order to open a direct line of communication with internal teams.