Select to view content in your preferred language

Add map scale bar to new map viewer

04-30-2022 10:14 PM
eladrot
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Few costumers requsted to add map scale bar to the new map viewer.

The need to see the current scale level is important. 

Requesting this idea please. 

Thank you! 

11 Comments
AlfredBaldenweck

I agree that this would be useful.

DebHSF
by

Absolutely needed! It was on the old map viewer, don't understand why it's not been made available in the new one.

by Anonymous User

Yes, this is definitely needed. ASAP.

MichaelTrust

Seems like a basic element for a map. Why was it left off (and still not in) the new Map Viewer??

ScottMcCulloch

ESRI why would you leave such a basic cartographic feature out of the new map viewer?  Please add this ASAP.

cmcwalker

Absolutely agree with everyone above, this is a basic and essential feature.  Can someone from ESRI let us know where this sits on their development plan i.e. when will this feature be added?

PatriciaBeetham

Why was it even deleted? It can still be seen in the classic viewer. One of my ESRI instructors didn't even notice it was gone when I asked him why it was eliminated. Please bring this feature back.

MiguelAngelVargas

Please Esri, come back the scale bar element to the Map Viewer, is an elemental cartographic element.

NigelCato1

3 reasons for including the line scale on maps:

1. teach my students to put a scale on every map - it's standard practice
  2. When they take screenshots of different GIS maps they need to show that they have thought about the scale for comparison purposes
  3. It was on the Classic version - why would it be removed?
WorcesterGTSS

Please make this happen. This is so essential. Even Google has a scale bar on their maps.