why is there no warning that when a process is going to use all the credits available?

06-25-2019 03:41 AM
OlindaMombeyarara
New Contributor II

If the user has insufficient  credits  required to run an analysis, why does the system not inform you, give you a warning or an error message something like  "You do not have enough credits to perform this operation". Honestly there should be a warning and maybe the system should stop the process as soon as the credits are consumed rather than running into credit.  i would really like for this issue to be addressed as its very concerning that there is no error or message whatsover that your credits are running out and that the system just takes your credits  into a negative status without even your acknowledgement. May you please urgently address this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Olinda Mombeyarara,

Good point - I experienced this myself recently while executing an analysis. Suddenly all my credits were gone and my account was blocked. I had to buy new credits to supplement my negative credit balance.

So, I have upvoted this idea https://community.esri.com/ideas/15458 

BR,

Egge-Jan (a fellow ArcGIS Online user)

0 Kudos
OlindaMombeyarara
New Contributor II

Hi Egge-Jan Pollé

I honestly do not get it, what kind of a system does not give you a warning or an error,  with all the upgrades that are continously carried out  one would assume there is a work around to this other than  "OOPS YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE CREDIT BALANCE. Imagine a Dr gives you medication but does not tell you abt the side effects and only later when you have an allergic reaction its  oops  you had an allergic reaction, we  now have to treat you for the allergy and then the original illness. I have never been frustrated.

If you going to use credits as your currency ensure that it is fool proof or precautions are taken to safe guard issues such as this. just like any other currencyy it should be generally acceptable meaning if we are going to do business then we must ensure that the exchange that occurs is acceptable in terms of the value that we receive.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You can check how many credits a given analysis will take before you run it.  But if you're not sure of your balance, you'll go in the red.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos