Select to view content in your preferred language

Elevation Services in AGOL (or elsewhere)

02-05-2015 03:08 PM
Waan
by
Regular Contributor

Hi all

I'm sorta new to ArcGIS Online (AGOL) and very new to making map services. I have no javascript/web app experience but some Python ability and plenty of desktop experience.

I'd love to use ESRI's Elevation Analysis Service for some radio antennae analyses for the field crews in my company. Moreover, I'd love to present the viewshed and line-of-sight tools and pertinent data to them through AGOL so they can perform analyses themselves (for simplicity, let's say they're only using desktop computers).

Without writing some sort of custom web app or similar, is there a simple way to do this through AGOL? In future ArcGISland, WILL there be a way of doing this?

I'm thinking of something that involves little to no coding. The WebAppBuilder and available widgets seem more geared towards presentation/web functionality and basic GIS than, say, doing high-end geoprocessing tasks (i.e. ). I'm looking to fill what I perceive is the gap between the extant AGOL/canned web apps and custom-built applications constructed by full-blown developers. Perhaps something like the Elevation Profile template available through AGOL...

As an aside: if anyone is using this service in a web application, I'd love to see it in action.

-W

0 Kudos
0 Replies