Select to view content in your preferred language

Developer Account Questions

08-16-2013 06:38 AM
TimWitt
Deactivated User
Hi,

I have recently created an ArcGIS Online developer account and after testing it some time I had a couple of questions"

1) I am able to log into the ArcGIS Collector app on my IOS device, but I am not able to log into the ArcGIS app. Am I doing something wrong?

2) I have uploaded a feature service through ArcGIS Desktop. Once uploaded I was looking to activate the ability to add attachments, but I was unable to find where I can do that. When I had the trial version of the ArcGIS Online Organization account I was able to do that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Deactivated User
1. Recheck your account information and password since i it should work in both apps (or so I have understood). What is error message that you are getting from the app?

2. If you want to activate attachments, you need to do that before uploading the service or you need to replace your existing service after enabling it in ArcMap. http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//01m90000000r000000
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Deactivated User
Antti,

1) When I try to log in with my developer account nothing happens, it just goes back to the sign in page asking me to put in my information,

2) I believe ArcGIS online attachments work different than the desktop attachments. When I had the trial version of the ArcGIS organizational account, I was able to upload a feature service through ArcGIS Desktop and once it was uploaded I could enable attachments in its properties in "My Content".

Thanks,

Tim
0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Deactivated User
I have been playing with attachments in hosted feature services and I have enabled those always from ArcMap. If it possible to enable directly from ArcGIS Online, I would be interested to hear how. I know that you can enable following capabilities from AGOL but would be nice to have enable attachements there too.

[TABLE="class: hostedFeaturesOnly, width: 100%"][TD="class: hostedFeaturesCol, width: 140"]Editing[/TD]

Enable editing and allow editors to:

Add, update, and delete features

Update feature attributes only

Add features only
[TD="class: hostedFeaturesCol"]Export Data[/TD]

Allow others to export to shapefile, CSV, geodatabase, or KML.
[TD="class: hostedFeaturesCol portalSync"]Sync[/TD]
[TD="class: portalSync"]
Enable Sync (disconnected editing with synchronization).
[/TD]
[TD="class: hostedFeaturesCol portalEdits"]Track Edits[/TD]
[TD="class: portalEdits"]
Keep track of who created and last updated features.

Editors can only update and delete the features they add.
[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Unfortunatly, I have no idea what could be problem in the 1. case. Maybe post issue to http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/3-ArcGIS?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Deactivated User
Antti,

I finally found where I turned on the attachments last time. It doesn't require you to add attachments through ArcGIS Desktop, you can do it straight in AGOL.
0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Deactivated User
Cool, thanks. Now that I see it, I remembered that I had seen it before too.
0 Kudos