Publish Routing Service Utility

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 10:49 AM
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Hey everyone, my organization has an enterprise portal version 11.1, we recently upgraded from 10.9. We have a NA hosted on our enterprise portal for a local government routing service and we would like to publish a copy of it so we can make changes without damaging the production version. The way we published the NA is through this help page: Publish Routing Services utility—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

We have the NA hosted in two different SQL geodatabases, we currently have the NA published from GDB1 and would like to publish the copy from GDB2. However when ever we try to publish the version from GDB2 we receive and invalid dataset name error after the tool runs for approximately 6 minutes. When publishing the version from GDB2 we fill out line f to ensure it it published in a different folder than the one in GDB1.

Is it possible to have two routing services hosted in an enterprise portal?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deelesh
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

I am glad the issue you ran into is resolved. In case you run into other issues related to publishing routing services, feel free to reach out via Esri Community or reach out to me if sharing sensitive information not suitable for a public forum

Thanks

Deelesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
deelesh
New Contributor III

@NJDEPBrandonMcAlister 

While it is possible to have two sets of routing services published using the publish routing services utility to the same enterprise portal (by using different values for -f option), only one set of routing services can be registered as utility services in your enterprise portal. The set that will be used as utility services is determined by the order in which you run publish routing services utility with the routing services published using the last run becoming the utility services in your enterprise portal.

So, in your case since you want services published from GDB1 to be treated as your "primary" routing services and services published from GDB2 as your "secondary" routing services, you need to run publish routing services utility using GDB2 first and then run publish routing services using utility using GDB1.

With regards to invalid dataset name error you are getting when you publish using GDB2, this is unexpected. Can you share the publishroutingservices.log file generated on your machine? Do not attach that log file in this post since that file can contain some sensitive information about your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. You can send that file to me via email at dmandloi@esri.com

Thanks

Deelesh

0 Kudos
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Hey Deelesh,

I was getting everything together to send to yo and we decided to try and reproduce the error as some of our old error reports were missing or incomplete. However this time it worked correctly and we were able to publish the route from our second geodatabase. What ever the issue was seemed to resolve itself as we didn't change anything in the steps we did when trying to publish.

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
deelesh
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

I am glad the issue you ran into is resolved. In case you run into other issues related to publishing routing services, feel free to reach out via Esri Community or reach out to me if sharing sensitive information not suitable for a public forum

Thanks

Deelesh