Preserve First & Last stop sequence - Network Analysis -Route

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
RTMRTM
by
New Contributor II

"I need to solve a route, but I need it to follow both the first and last stop I set. When I run the tool, it only follows the instruction of the departure but not of the last stop. Can you help me with this issue?"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

With preserve first and last option, only the lowest and highest sequence stops are considered as first and last. The others are re-sequenced.

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

So what is happening to the last stop? Is it not the last stop? Or it is not reached? It is not clear what issue you have and the screen shot does not show anything meaningful. Please post some more details. Thanks,

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
RTMRTM
by
New Contributor II

The stop that I defined as the last one is placed as the third to last or in the middle instead of being the last

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

How are you defining the last stop? Initially it is the order in which they are added but after some solves you have to set the sequence numbers to specify the first and last stops.

Jay Sandhu 

0 Kudos
RTMRTM
by
New Contributor II

When loading the stops, in my layer, I have a field defined where one record has a value of 1 representing my starting point, and another record with the total number of records representing the end

eje.PNG

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The route solve looks at the Sequence field. It cannot be any field, unless you load that field information to the Sequence Field on the Stops attribute table.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Also, you cannot have null values for the other stops. If you are using a sequence field, then all stops should have a non-null value.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
RTMRTM
by
New Contributor II

Even though I only need the departure and arrival records as references, I want Network Analysis to automatically handle the rest of the values as null?

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

With preserve first and last option, only the lowest and highest sequence stops are considered as first and last. The others are re-sequenced.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos