Select to view content in your preferred language

Network Dataset: strange behavior with costs

Jump to solution
05-16-2024 07:09 AM
EspenFredrikGudevang
New Contributor II

Hi, my time- and distance-based costs is "changing places" after I have closed and opened ArcGIS Pro with my project.
The upper image is after I have created and built the network, and before I shut down ArcGIS Pro, and the lower image is the situation after I have opened ArcGIS Pro with the same project. As you can see in the lower image: my time-based cost now uses the distance attribute, and vice versa. 

A new, complete build removes this error, but I'd rather remove the cause instead of doing symptom treatment.

Any suggestions?

Skjermbilde.PNG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EspenFredrikGudevang
New Contributor II

I exported my model to python, but I got the same bad result. To me it seems that it doesn’t matter if I use Create and Build Network Dataset in Model Builder or Python.

The manual method is not a preferable solution since I have to make an automatic production line to handle my input data which change rather often.

So…. I have tried to make a new template file with a manually created/built network dataset as source, but the ID values are still out of order. I have then changed the IDs according to the red boxes in the screendump, and the created/built network looks good. Is it as “simple” as this? If so - I can then use this template in my production line.

EspenFredrikGudevang_0-1718024820765.png

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, if you were able to successfully create and build a network with your edited template, then this should be sufficient to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos