Issues with Service Areas

11-20-2023 03:37 PM
JonathanSpenceUofA
New Contributor

Hello,

I am having issues with the computation of my service areas. More specifically, I am getting massive jumps in the travel costs around my network. Ie. The line of my network will show a low cost, but the polygon immediately surrounding it will show a much higher cost. This is especially bad around the edges of my network Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

ServiceAreaIssue.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide some more details about how you are running your analysis? That is, what software, service area settings? One thing you check is the trim distance settings. It might be set too large and you can reduce it something more meaningful like 100 meters. Another thing to check is if you are using Generalized polygon output., perhaps change that to Standard precision.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
JonathanSpenceUofA
New Contributor

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the help. My trim distance is 100m, so that shouldn't be the issue. I am also already using the Standard precision.

Further, I am working in ArcGIS Pro using Standard Precision, Disolve, and Rings, going away from facilities.

Would love any further assistance you may have to explain these weird polygons.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

what is your input network dataset? Are you using our online service? how many facilities do you have since you are running dissolve.  Is there an overlap among their output as that might causing the bigger polygons. Can you include a picture of the overall service area so that we can see what could be going on?

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos