How to create a minimum spanning tree using Network analyst?

12-11-2014 09:25 AM
mehrotragis
New Contributor

Hi all,

I wanted to know if there is a way to achieve how to create a minimum spanning tree using network analyst , i know there is a python script for making one but i am not that great with it... so was thinking if it could be achieved using NA?

Any suggestion even other than NA and Python are also welcomed....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can you load a toolbox into Arctoolbox?  If so and you are using versions of ArcMap >= 10, you can use this toolbox on a point shapefile located in a folder.

mehrotragis
New Contributor

Thank you so much Dan i have referred to your script tool previously and its great..... my goal is to even achieve the avoiding barriers ( line point polygon) features like the way we do it in network analyst.... if some how i could achieve that using this tool or may be a combination of this tool with other..... any suggestion on how can i create a minimum spanning tree that avoids barriers as well..... looking forward to your reply thanks once again.....

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you want barriers then you have to use the Network Analyst which facilitates characterizing edge impedance and/or directionality either partially or completely.  you can role out your own or look for open source equivalents to the network analyst.  I contemplated including the edge structures in the spanning tree toolset, but I would have effectively been reinventing the Network Analyst wheel and Spanning Trees was only created as a teaching tool.  Good luck

0 Kudos
plannersaikat417
New Contributor

can I have it, please?

0 Kudos