ERROR 030024: Solve returned a failure ArcGIS Pro

02-28-2019 12:07 PM
RobertCrawford1
New Contributor II

Hey Everyone,

I'm using ArcGIS online for solving the problem and I'm running into an issue on ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1 my system is fairly beefy so I don't think i'm low on ram or anything. Any Ideas?

ERROR 030024: Solve returned a failure.
Failed to execute (Solve).

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What are you solving?  The error has several sources

.ERROR 030024: Solve returned a failure.

0 Kudos
RobertCrawford1
New Contributor II

Hey Dan,

I've looked at a lot of those and they refer to grabbing logs out of ArcMap that don't seem to exist in pro.

I'm trying to do a location allocation problem with 999 candidate facilities and 3448 demand points.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have the ability to perform the same operation in ArcMap 10.x (Whatever version of ArcMap your org has) to see if you get a solution without an error?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Robert, I think a Network Analyst‌ flag might be in order then, they may know if the your mention of ArcGIS Online has an impact, beefy machine or not.

0 Kudos
RobertCrawford1
New Contributor II

I can install ArcMap and give it a shot, I know it worked in 2.2, I'll add the network analyst flag as well. 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you add more specific details about the analysis you're trying to solve and what the error message says?

Question 1:

You said you're using ArcGIS Online.  Are you using a location-allocation layer in the map that uses ArcGIS Online as the network data source and then hitting the Solve button on the ribbon or using the Solve geoprocessing tool?  Or are you using the Ready-to-use services Solve Location Allocation tool?

Question 2:

Is that ALL the error message said, or was there more stuff up above that.  Please paste the full text or add a screenshot.

Question 3:

How long did the analysis run before you got the error?

0 Kudos
JosephineBeagley
New Contributor

I'm using an OD Cost Matrix analysis and I keep getting the same error message and I cannot work out why at all. Has anyone ever been able to solve this issue and have any suggestions for what I could try?

0 Kudos