Does Network Analyst handle facility-specific barriers?

Jump to solution
06-27-2017 10:08 AM
AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to map backup service area for a handful of rescue squads/stations. Each station (facility) cannot be a backup in its own primary area. So I need to solve a service area for each facility, and have each facility respect a barrier that only applies to that certain facility. Is there anyway to do this with Network Analyst? I have the primary areas (the facility-specific barriers) mapped out in a polygon layer. 

Instead of using barriers, would I be better off using some kind of restriction in the network?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Network Analyst does not support barriers/restrictions per facility. These barriers/restrictions apply to everything in that analysis layer. So you can do your analysis one facility at a time with its appropriate barriers in place and then combine the results afterwards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Network Analyst does not support barriers/restrictions per facility. These barriers/restrictions apply to everything in that analysis layer. So you can do your analysis one facility at a time with its appropriate barriers in place and then combine the results afterwards.

AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you. I guess that's the answer I needed, even if it wasn't what I'd like to hear.

Thanks

0 Kudos