custom traffic provider sample update traffic data error

05-06-2013 05:14 AM
MelindaFrost
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I have successful set up using the Custom Traffic Provider sample on my local machine.[HTML]http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e11126ea20e941bd9644046e62e2bdbe[/HTML]
But when I move it to my cloud server I get the following error:
030103 : Failed to update traffic data.
The only difference between the two is on my local machine I built the solution in MS Visual Studio 2008 to register the tool and on the cloud I used ESRIregsam.exe. And the cloud doesn't have anything like windows office or MS Visual Studio installed but I didn't get the impression either was needed.
The error seems to suggest a permission issue but i have set the folder that has everything- code, dll, csv file, location for DTF output- to allow everyone to have read/write access to try and resolve this. I am logged in as admin user and I even tried running arccatalog as admin but still I get the error.
Any ideas what I am missing?
Thanks
Melinda
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
Could you email me and we can figure this out together off the forums?  pstevens at esri.com.

Once we get an answer, I'll post it back here for all to see.   In the meantime, I'll try again with your data on my test machine.
0 Kudos