Create routes from one central point to multiple other points

Jump to solution
05-02-2023 07:18 AM
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

Howdy! I know there are many posts on this general subject, but there are so many it's confusing to find what I'm looking for.

My task is to find street routes to each of 500 parks, each starting from the same central point location. While it will be used for walking, drive time is ok too. The data: parks (polygons); parks (point centroids); start location (point); and an m-enabled street layer. Tools available: ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and Network Analyst.

Any help on the right approach is appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

You can use the Closest Facility Solver. Load your central place point as an Incident and the 500 park centroid points as Facilities and set it solve for 500 closest Facilities, choose the appropriate travel mode like walking if your data supports it and solve. If you do not have your own street data then you can consider using AGOL account to solve the closest facility with credits in ArcGIS Pro.

More info: Closest facility analysis layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and Identify the closest facility—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

You can use the Closest Facility Solver. Load your central place point as an Incident and the 500 park centroid points as Facilities and set it solve for 500 closest Facilities, choose the appropriate travel mode like walking if your data supports it and solve. If you do not have your own street data then you can consider using AGOL account to solve the closest facility with credits in ArcGIS Pro.

More info: Closest facility analysis layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and Identify the closest facility—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Jay Sandhu

GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @JaySandhu! Will give that a try.

0 Kudos