Could not create network dataset.

05-13-2013 06:31 PM
MattLindrose
New Contributor
I'm a student at Meade Senior High School working to become a S.T.A.R.S. Certified Geospatial Technician and I have a problem. Im working in the Extended Tools in Surface Analysis book. Im trying to create a network dataset for one of the enrichment lessons, but every time I try it pops up with the message 'Could not create network dataset. The table was not found'. I was wondering if anybody could help me understand what this means and how to fix it. Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you describe some more on the steps you are doing when you get this message?

Is this a file geodatabase? Have you followed the NA tutorial and succeeded in creating any network dataset?
For example: have this worked for you:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Exercise_1_Creating_a_network_dataset/0047...

ay Sandhu
0 Kudos
MattLindrose
New Contributor
Thanks for responding. I was able to figure it out through my teacher helping me.
0 Kudos
MichaelHarrop
New Contributor II
Hi there,

Can i ask how you resolved this?

I'm getting a similar error, but its says

"Could not create network dataset
The table already exists"

As far as i can see there are no tables in the feature dataset containing the network data - in this case just the road network and road junctions, and i cant see any locks on the database

Thanks
0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Try creating a fresh geodatabase and feature dataset and starting over with a fresh network dataset.  I think sometimes the "table already exists" message occurs when something didn't get deleted all the way from the geodatabase, and the best solution is to just start over.
0 Kudos
DavidCuberes
New Contributor II

Hi, I have a similar problem. When I try to create a network dataset from a SHAPEFILE I get the error: "could not create network dataset". Can anyone help??

Thanks

0 Kudos