Select to view content in your preferred language

No Monitor Database

09-09-2024 01:43 PM
CW-GIS
by
Occasional Contributor

I just set up Monitor, but it is saying No Monitor Database:

Is this the Postgres database setup on the machine for this? the one with 'agm'?

Described here:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/latest/install/windows/arcgis-monitor-system-requirements.htm#ESRI...

1.PNG

I use the localhost:5432 / agm / agm / my password,

but it just keeps saying password authentication failed. I have triple verified the password.

3.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CW-GIS,

Is this the Postgres database setup on the machine for this? the one with 'agm'?

Yes, that's the correct help topic.

To create the ArcGIS Monitor database in PostgreSQL, did you run the script that is provided in the help topic you referenced? The script creates a new database called "agm" and a user called "agm" with the appropriate permissions.

Create DB script.png

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CW-GIS
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes I got that:

4.PNG

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CW-GIS,

From this statement,

I just set up Monitor ...

I believe this is a brand new ArcGIS Monitor installation. Can you please confirm? E.g., You are not trying to upgrade from Monitor 2023 to a later release, is that right? 

If this is a new Monitor install, then can you please delete your current agm database and re-create it using the script provided in the help topic?

Also: for the Address parameter, can you try specifying the machine name instead of localhost? 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos