Sync problem - output is flat image instead of vector layers

07-21-2022 01:47 PM
NikolaJancic
New Contributor II

I am trying to sync a simple map with a VectorStreetMap basemap and few different point layers.

Instead of outputting the usual organized vector layers, all I am getting is a flat image that matches the map preview but is just a 2D raster image instead of editable groups of vector layers. It seems like the labels sync fine but everything else is combined into a group made of horizontal slice images. (see attached)

The sync takes 10-20 minutes to complete, and then gives the "successfully synced" message which seems normal. I am using the latest versions of Illustrator and ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC.

Tags (3)
6 Replies
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@NikolaJancic 

I ran a quick test and was not been able to reproduce your issue in house. Could you provide some more details for the team to further investigate this unexpected behavior you have encountered:

1. What type of account are you logged in (complimentary, PLUS, or ArcGIS account)?

2. Did you select the Vector street map from basemap gallery or did you add it via "Add Layers" 

3. Did you sync the map using legacy mapping profile?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
NikolaJancic
New Contributor II

1. I am logged into an ArcGIS account

2. I selected vector street map from the basemap gallery

3. I am using legacy mapping profile

0 Kudos
NikolaJancic
New Contributor II

Everything seems to be working fine today. I am able to sync and all the vector layers come in normally. No idea what changed! 

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor
The problem you have seen yesterday is most likely a temporary issue when we were rolling out a fix for the sync error. I am glad to hear it works now. Thank you for the feedback and your support of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe
Xingdong
0 Kudos
MelissaFrazier
New Contributor

Now I am having the same issue with the vectorstreetmap syncing as an image layer. 

Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @MelissaFrazier ,

The team is trying to reproduce this issue. Can you help us by adding your specific workflow steps and the version of the extension you're using?

Best, 

Anna

0 Kudos