Map contents not syncing to Illustrator layers despite "sync successful" message

Jump to solution
02-09-2023 02:16 PM
KarenKey2
New Contributor II

Hello,

Last fall I was able to use the ArcGIS extension for Illustrator to save a web map, import it into the program, and sync it to produce vector map elements.

I updated to Illustrator 2023 a couple of months ago and lost the extension, so I downloaded the current version and installed today. Now, when I go to sync a map to the artwork layers, it doesn't load any of the elements except for the copyright stamp. Otherwise, it's a blank white canvas and the layers are empty. I'm not getting any sort of error code...it tells me it's syncing successfully every time.

If I switch to the legacy mapping profile, it's able to produce PART of the content (in this case, paths for a trail map), but not the topography layer, so that doesn't help me much.

Appreciate any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi All, 

The Maps for Adobe team has just released the 3.5 version of the extension. We worked on resolving this issue in this release. To acquire this fix, please install the latest version of the extension. You can do that through the in-app upgrade, or you can find the latest installer on our product page.

Best, 

The ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @KarenKey2 , 

Sorry about this inconvenience to your mapping workflow. This is something the team is actively looking into. 

I have a few questions for you that may help us narrow down the issue. Are you running the extension on a Mac? If possible can you send your computer's System info, and specific Illustrator and Maps for Adobe versions? That would all be very helpful. 

Here are a couple options that you can try to resolve this issue. 

1) You can try using AI 2022, as opposed to 2023. In 2022 you should be able to sync successfully.

2) Try uninstalling Maps for Adobe, uninstalling Adobe 2023, restarting your machine, reinstalling Adobe 2023, reinstalling the latest version of Maps for Adobe (it can be found here https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/maps-for-adobecc/downloads)...and then try your sync workflow. If you try this option, please make sure you uninstall and reinstall in the specific order I mentioned above.

Let me know if these options help!

Best, 

Anna

0 Kudos
KarenKey2
New Contributor II

Hi Anna,

I'm happy to say that updating to Illustrator 27.2 and updating the ArcGIS extension when it prompted me to this morning seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for the help!

AlexandraSwanson
New Contributor II

Hi Anna,

I tried these steps, and not only is it not working for me now, but the extension isn't working for anyone in my organization (all running Windows 11 I believe). We've also tried playing with installing older versions of Illustrator and/or the plugin to no success.

We're either getting an error message or just a "successful sync" except the resulting map is a completely blank grey box with just the esri logo on it.

MichaelTemchine1
New Contributor II

Good afternoon, 

I too am running into this issue. I have received error statements such as:

• Print service is currently unavailable
  • File closed before map sync completion
  • Trying to sync too many layers (paraphrasing)

If no error messages pop up it is as described elsewhere, white canvas with copyright and Esri logo only.

I am using Illustrator 27.2.

I just updated the extension to the latest.

My MacOS is Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68).

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Good to hear, thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
AlexandraSwanson
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm having the same issue today!

I am already running Illustrator 27.2 and the latest version of the plugin, which was working yesterday.

I can try to uninstall and reinstall.

Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@KarenKey2 @AlexandraSwanson are both of you running the extension on a Mac? If so can you share which MacOS you're running?

0 Kudos
KarenKey2
New Contributor II

I am on Monterey 12.2.

AlexandraSwanson
New Contributor II

No, I'm on PC running Windows 11