Select to view content in your preferred language

Match scale bar units to grid units?

01-03-2017 06:32 AM
DanielZura
New Contributor II

Hey all, happy new year. I'm creating a map with an overlayed grid and a scale bar. Trying to set both the grid units and scale bar units as 1 inch. I'd think this was pretty straight forward but having trouble.

I haven't used the grid and graticules wizard, just used the grid option in data frame properties. I can set the number of rows and columns I want, but can't seem to adjust the unit size, which seems just above an inch. Any suggestions? Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Regular Contributor II

just used the grid option in data frame properties. I can set the number of rows and columns I want, but can't seem to adjust the unit size.

I want to say that the grid in data frame properties allow you to set specific interval and no number of row and columns.

this picture is for the second type of grids (measured grid)

as you see in the picture you can set intervals not number of row and columns.

so if you want to change unit to be Inch as you want you can do that after create the grid. go to Properties . then Intervals tab as below picture. then choose inches.

0 Kudos
DanielZura
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help. I'm still not having success. Seems I was using the Button Index Grid, which has the rows and columns options. I tried using measured grid 1 and measured grid 2, was able to set the interval to inches as in your second photo however I don't have any menu that looks like your first photo. I set it to display grid as lines, but had no actual grid appear.? It did appear with the original Button Index Grid.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Regular Contributor II

About my first picture (Measured Grid ).

the following link is for Adding a measured grid. 

adding a measured grid

0 Kudos