Select to view content in your preferred language

Unknown Error when attempting opening a configured map in IPS Setup

Jump to solution
04-23-2024 06:32 AM
Labels (2)
AntoineFeike
New Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I am currently implementing an Indoor Positioning System at our University. I got the following error message when attempting to open the map in the IPS Setup application.

IMG_4549.jpeg

This has worked with this map before and suddenly does not anymore. I checked the documentation and the layer properties for the IPS Setup usage here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/ips/latest/get-started/prepare-a-map-for-arcgis-ips.htm

The following steps have been attempted:

- Referencing the IPS Core model over Enterprise (The layers present in the WFL are IPS_Recordings feature layer and the IPS_Positioning table)

Scenario_01.png

- Export the Webmap with offline Core model -> copy all data in the 'Share As Web Map' configurationScenario_02.png

- Export the IPS_Recordings and the IPS_Positioning table to the Enterprise portal and constructing the Web Map from the Portal

As I can see, all required fields are there,

I am sure it is a little oversight on my part but I am quite clueless at the exact moment. If further information is required, I will be able to provide it.

If anybody has a troubleshooting line, this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in Advance!

Best regards

Antoine

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AntoineFeike
New Contributor II

Hello,

that's indeed a mistake made, and it is corrected. The shared feature layer within the map is now editable.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue and it still tells me to check the map configuration. I also cannot give you access to the map as the service runs on a closed Enterprise server.

I just tried removing the underscores in the IPS_Recordings and the IPS_Positioning layer name. This also resulted in no mitigation of the error.

At this time, almost every thinkable option was exhausted.

To be sure I tried deleting the IPS Setup application and reinstalling it on an iPhone 13. This resulted in the solution! I think, the app cached some data and blocked the usage of the map.

Thank you for your help and I wish you all the best!

Regards,

Antoine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Patrycja_Religa
New Contributor

Hi  Antoine,

Can you please share the version of IPS Setup, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise you are using?

Can you please also write the steps so I can reproduce it on my side?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AntoineFeike
New Contributor II

Hello,

thank you for replying, the versions are:

IPS Setup: 1.4.1 Build 15

ArcGIS Pro: 3.2.2

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2

For the steps taken, I'll try to be as precise as possible:

'Share as Web Map'

Item Details: The 'Name' and 'Tags' are set. As a Tag, "IPS" is set.

Configuration: 'Copy all data: Exploratory' is set. I tried all the other options to be sure, but this is the most versatile.

Checkbox 'Use symbol types compatible with all clients' is unchecked.

All of this has been tried with referenced and local Data as seen in the original post.

When analysed, no warning or error is displayed. In the portal everything looks good.

If you needed other steps or details, I can come back to this.

Thank you in advance and have a nice time!

Antoine

0 Kudos
Patrycja_Religa
New Contributor

Antoine,

I noticed you shared your map as 'Copy all data: Exploratory'. ArcGIS IPS workflow requires Editable map, as IPS Recordings feature class needs to be populated with survey recordings (Share a web map prepared for use in ArcGIS IPS—ArcGIS IPS | Documentation). This though should not cause the error you see. Would you mind giving me a temporary access to the map?

0 Kudos
AntoineFeike
New Contributor II

Hello,

that's indeed a mistake made, and it is corrected. The shared feature layer within the map is now editable.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue and it still tells me to check the map configuration. I also cannot give you access to the map as the service runs on a closed Enterprise server.

I just tried removing the underscores in the IPS_Recordings and the IPS_Positioning layer name. This also resulted in no mitigation of the error.

At this time, almost every thinkable option was exhausted.

To be sure I tried deleting the IPS Setup application and reinstalling it on an iPhone 13. This resulted in the solution! I think, the app cached some data and blocked the usage of the map.

Thank you for your help and I wish you all the best!

Regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos
Patrycja_Religa
New Contributor

I'm glad you managed to sort it out. This error message is raised if one of the multiple requirements is not met, making it challenging to pinpoint the exact issue without looking at the actual data.

All the best,

Patrycja

0 Kudos