Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Results not capturing all mapped data in buffer

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ShariF
by
Regular Contributor

Hi GIS'ers. 

I've been asked to develop a tool that would create a 1/4 mile buffer and then create a report that would list all mapped items within that buffer (points, lines and polygons). I thought the Zone Lookup Instant App would be my saving grace instead of slogging thru a python script tool. 

I have everything configured in the map and the app, and I am not getting the expected results when I use the line tool and a 1/4 mile buffer.  I've chosen "Feature Within a Zone" and the spatial relationship is "Intersects" all of the following: 

Zone setup.png

Yet the results are missing some of the polygons (Current Land Use for example). 

Results.png

However, when I use the point and a radius, it only puts the polygon layers: 

results with point.png

Ideally I want all of the above layers to show when I use the line tool. Is that possible? 

You can check out the app here

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahNoakes1
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ShariF,

There is currently an issue with the intersects option of the Zone Lookup Instant App - see Re: Instant app zone lookup spatial relationship I... - Esri Community.  A bug has been logged BUG-000170803 and it has the status of "In Product Plan" which apparently means it will be addressed in the next release or two. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SarahNoakes1
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ShariF,

There is currently an issue with the intersects option of the Zone Lookup Instant App - see Re: Instant app zone lookup spatial relationship I... - Esri Community.  A bug has been logged BUG-000170803 and it has the status of "In Product Plan" which apparently means it will be addressed in the next release or two. 

ShariF
by
Regular Contributor

Thanks Sarah for the update. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The fix for this issue is scheduled to go out in the next release of ArcGIS Online later this year.