Select to view content in your preferred language

URL Parameters to Filter

Jump to solution
09-27-2022 01:06 PM
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I have a layer with many polygons. I want to try to avoid creating a map/app for each polygon and thought that one way to do that would be to use URL parameters to filter the map and zoom to that polygon. 

I've been able to configure URL parameters to select/highlight a feature and to zoom (&district=6&level=14) but I haven't been able to:

• Center on the selected feature without manually specifying lat/long
  • Filter out the other features
  • Not have the pop-up appear when the feature is selected (with the Media map)

Are either of these possible? I'd be open to using the Media Map, Minimalist, Basic, or Sidebar.

13 Replies
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

@KellyHutchins belatedly chiming in to say that &urlParamAsFilter=true does exactly what I was hoping! I really appreciate that it does not highlight the feature or show a pop-up. Thanks to you and the team for the work on this.

The only item I'd love to add would be what @TanGnar asked for, to be able to apply the URL parameter to filter multiple layers. 

RamonWilliams
New Contributor III

has anyone found out anything yet on setting filters using url parameters.  I have map that has 75 layers and I want to set each layer as status=Active using parameters.  So I do not have to manually do it

Thanks

Ramon

KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

There was a bug with the zoom but it should be working now. Are you using Sidebar? If so the fix is in now. If you are using Media look for the fix early Friday or. Monday. 

0 Kudos
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

It's the Media map. Thank you for the quick reply and information, and saving me too much worry 🙂

0 Kudos