NO VALID SHORTLIST POINT LAYERS error

Jump to solution
06-09-2016 09:46 AM
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

I am having trouble with the Story Map Shortlist application.  I created a service with my point features, and shared it in ArcGIS Online.  When I try to load the application, I get the error message "NO VALID SHORTLIST POINT LAYERS".  The layer is definitely working if I view it in the AGOL web map.  This error is not very descriptive- what should I check for to make it work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Bob,

Try to publish it as a feature service. I do not think an image layer will be able to be viewed in the story map (as the story points).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Bob,

Did you make sure that your field names match up the way they are supposed to? From what I remember with the shortlist application is that the field names have to exactly match the examples that are provided. What is the format of your points file? Is is a CSV, or a shapefile, or a feature service?

It might be a good idea to look through the steps here:

Story Map Shortlist Tutorial | Story Maps

0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

The data is a map image layer. Sounds like I need to create it as a feature service?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Bob,

Try to publish it as a feature service. I do not think an image layer will be able to be viewed in the story map (as the story points).

0 Kudos