No Splash Screen for Basic Instant App?

Jump to solution
12-27-2022 08:59 AM
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

I'm trying to put together a basic viewer of snow emergency route roads for my municipality to share publicly. I thought the Basic Instant App would be fine, because I don't need any functionality, and literally just want to show the map, but I wanted to have a splash screen to briefly explain what the user is looking at, and what some of the tools are. When I searched the Instant Apps by capability with "Splash Screen", the Basic one was still there, but I don't see any functionality for splash screen actually in the configuration.

MT_JenAmes_0-1672160289774.png

MT_JenAmes_2-1672160345786.png

Is there already splash screen functionality and I'm missing it, or is that functionality just not there for Basic Instant Apps? If it's not there at all, I feel like that's a misstep, and the ability to have a splash screen should be universal across all applications.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
We are working to standardize capabilities like the splash screen across all apps but as you’ve noted it’s not currently available in Basic. The Media app has the same simple look and feel as Basic and includes an Introduction panel that can be configured to open when the app loads so that might be a good alternative for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
We are working to standardize capabilities like the splash screen across all apps but as you’ve noted it’s not currently available in Basic. The Media app has the same simple look and feel as Basic and includes an Introduction panel that can be configured to open when the app loads so that might be a good alternative for you.

MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information, I switched over to the Media Instant App for now.

0 Kudos
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

Standardizing the intro panel across all apps sounds great; do you have a timeline on this? Thanks!

CarmelAustin
New Contributor II

Hi @KellyHutchins, any timeline on this?  It would be very useful to have a splash screen on Basic.