Interactive Legend Instant App: Introduction Panel Not Appearing

12-28-2022 02:10 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all, 

I have been working on a map in the instant app, interactive legend for a few months, and it is supposed to have an introduction panel that opens on start. The introduction panel used to function properly as little as two weeks ago. However, now it does not open when I start the app, and clicking on the widget won't open it either. As far as I can tell none of the setting have changed. (See below)

EldonTaskinen_0-1672265248789.png

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done. Thank you.

17 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,

Following up with one - this should be resolved now. Please let us know if you see further issues. 

Thanks,
Ryan

RachelSinclair
New Contributor II

Hi Ryan 

I am still having this issue in Instant App - Sidebar.

Rachel

0 Kudos
KCoulter
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a number of instant apps built using the Interactive Legend app and now some of them are failing to load at all, and one loads but the interactive legend doesn't load, or loads after a long wait but is not interactive (ie can't filter on the items).

All of the maps were working fine until a couple of weeks ago 😞

Regards,

Kurt

0 Kudos
KCoulter
New Contributor

I've now discovered that if the layer that the interactive legend is linked to is hidden by default upon loading, then the interactive legend will not work correctly when the user then unhides that layer.

This worked until recently (and was useful!).

Is there a formal process to report this as a bug?

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@KCoulter If a layer is hidden in the map, it will not show in the legend. Once the layer is toggled on, it will show in the interactive legend.  If there are no visible layers, the legend will show a message that says "No Legend".  Hidden layers should not cause the legend to load slowly though. Do you have a sample you could share?

0 Kudos
KCoulter
New Contributor

Yes I know this - as I mentioned in my post, when the layer is unhidden the interactive legend does load (after a delay) but fails to respond (ie it is not interactive).

Unfortunately I cannot share an example as the layer contains confidential data.

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@KCoulter , I can reproduce the behavior you describe above; thanks for clarifying. I have submitted a bug.

BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@KCoulter the issue with hidden layers and interactive legend is working now, the issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos