Select to view content in your preferred language

Instant Apps - Media Map - Data requirements

09-18-2023 05:36 AM
Labels (1)
ArekP
by
Emerging Contributor

Are there any data requirements for Instant Apps - Media Map?
I tried to compare the data added to the map as WMS layers (add layer from URL) and image files (add media layer), but the application displays me information: "No acceptable layers exist in webmap":

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 14.34.34.png

Any tips?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

For the media map itself there aren't data requirements. But it looks like you are trying to configure the swipe capability is that correct? All layers should be supported unless they are in a group layer. Is your web map public? Can you share the url so we can take a look. 

0 Kudos
ArekP
by
Emerging Contributor
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Thanks for sending the web map that helped diagnose the issue. It looks like the map uses media layers and we missed adding support for those to the layer selector we use to allow you to configure the swipe leading and trailing layers. We will get this fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Online. In the meantime you can get it working but it requires using a tool like AGO assistant to add the layers to the app data. 

If you haven't done this before here are the necessary steps. Please try this out on a copy of your app first because any mistakes can break the app. 

Here is the link to the ArcGIS Assistant you can use: https://assistant.esri-ps.com/content

1. Identify the leading and trailing layer ids in your web map by logging in to your organization via the ArcGIS Assistant.  Click on the web map then choose "View Item JSON". Then click the "Data" tab then find and copy the id for your layers in the "operational layers" section. 

2. Still in ArcGIS Assistant go back to your content then find the app and click on it then click "View Item JSON" and click on the "Data" tab. Then in the upper right corner click "Edit JSON" Look for the value "swipe":true and after it add this code to declare the leading and trailing layers. Here's an example of how it will look. Save the JSON then view your app and the swipe tool should work with your leading/trailing layers 

"swipe": true,
        "swipeLeadingLayers": {
            "layers": [
                {
                    "id": "18a93df6f0b-layer-50",
                    "fields": []
                }
            ]
        },
        "swipeTrailingLayers": {
            "layers": [
                {
                    "id": "18a93f65499-layer-93",
                    "fields": []
                }
            ]
        },

0 Kudos
ArekP
by
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for that tip! Everything works 👍

Is it known when the next ArcGIS Online update is planned ?

0 Kudos
ArekP
by
Emerging Contributor

I tried to check this option after the last update, but there seems to be a problem, because when I try to create an instant app with the above maps the browser tab crashes:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 20.24.36.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Does this happen during app configuration? If so are you using a particular browser? If so can you try another browser and let me know if it works (and also which failed?)

0 Kudos
ArekP
by
Emerging Contributor

The problem was with my browser. I reinstalled the app and everything works as expected. Thanks

0 Kudos