Select to view content in your preferred language

Download instant app and deploy to web server

01-19-2024 02:52 PM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor III

Do we have any chance to download, customize accordingly to our requirement and deploy to web server ?   

7 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We do not provide a download option for the instant apps. They individual apps are dependent upon each other and shared libraries and it would be a big project to make them available. 

Can you provide more details about the customizations you'd like to make to the app? They may be customizations that are currently possible with the hosted versions? 

We do provide some of the building blocks of instant apps like (share, header, measurement, interactive legend) as web components that developers can use to build their own applications.  You can find them here: https://github.com/Esri/instant-apps-components

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to take a basic near me application with all the configurations and try to add more widgets and enhance to it. and finally , want to make a big application. I knew, it does not have a download option. I looked at options to copy only few folders as per developer tools in browser and will that work ? 

0 Kudos
ShariF
by
New Contributor III

I love the nearby Instant App and we are going to use it to replace a few of our old apps. It would be great if there was the ability for the user to draw a line instead of just an address point. Is this possible and I just can't find it? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

You can draw a search area in the Zone Lookup app but not Nearby. Can you tell me a bit more about how users would use a line to find nearby features? 

Here's a Zone Lookup example with the draw tools enabled. https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=b1026f5784e74214a737a8870e7b28f3

ShariF
by
New Contributor III

I have a request for a tool for new infrastructure projects where they want to be able to draw a line (not make a selection as I clarified this request) that would represent a future proposed infrastructure project. They want a quarter mile buffer around the proposed project. They want a report and map to show what specific items are within that quarter mile buffer:

1. Roadway functional classifications (thoroughfare plan)
  2. Traffic signal locations
  3. No Truck routes
  4. Traffic volumes
  5. Planned development
  6. Existing land use
  7. Key destinations (parks, schools, public buildings, hospitals, rail transit stations)
  8. Active Transportation Corridors
  9. Transit routes and stops

I am attempting to do this in python but I'm not a great coder. Since I just made two Nearby Instant Apps I thought these apps are doing exactly what I want with the pretty PDF report and map. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Thanks for the additional details. Take a look at Zone Lookup I think it does exactly what you need. You can enable the sketch tools and the export option.

0 Kudos
ShariF
by
New Contributor III

Kelly thank you so much for the zone lookup suggestion. This might be a perfect solution and it has much less hair pulling than writing python. 😁