Select to view content in your preferred language

Customize Visible Scales in Instant Apps ??

Jump to solution
10-11-2023 09:00 AM
JarrettLivesey1
New Contributor II

Hello and good morning All, 

I am wondering if I can 'customize the visible scales' in Instant Apps, the way it could be done in Web App builder ??  I am creating an Instant app for public consumption and want to limit how close in someone can zoom.  

Here is a pic of how the customizable scales dialog looked in  Web app builder:

JarrettLivesey1_0-1697039928100.png

Thanks !!

Jarrett

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @JarrettLivesey1 

Thanks for reaching out about this. Which apps are you looking to do this in? We have a setting that is available in most apps called Navigation boundary. That setting will set a limit for how far into the map people can zoom in/out. 

Thanks!

Sarah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @JarrettLivesey1 

Thanks for reaching out about this. Which apps are you looking to do this in? We have a setting that is available in most apps called Navigation boundary. That setting will set a limit for how far into the map people can zoom in/out. 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
JarrettLivesey1
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah, and thanks for reaching out to me about this.  I am trying to configure the zoom scales in an Instant App, can this be done there ??

Thanks,

Jarrett

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @JarrettLivesey1 

This can typically be done with the navigation boundary tool in the map area component. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/latest/customize/content-settings.htm#:~:text=Most%20apps%20i... 

The map area component is available in most of the Instant Apps. The map area component is listed in the map section, once it's enabled you can configure the navigation boundary. 

2024-03-04_09-35-42.png

2024-03-04_09-35-26.png

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos