Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom URL parameter problems - symbology and extent.

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 10:01 PM
JamesPreston
Deactivated User

Hi there. I am having a few issues with URL parameters while using the Basic Template.

I am using a suburb polygon layer in the map, which I do not want to be visible, and have set the symbology to be transparent, and have also disabled the pop-up. I have set up a URL parameter, based on the suburb object ID field. When I use a URL parameter to navigate to the map it highlights the polygon, but there are two issues I have with the way it displays.

1. It applies an orange, transparent symbology to the polygon. I was hoping that it would just highlight the boundary of the polygon, and leave the fill transparent as specified. This is not ideal as the colour obscures the data and basemap.
  2. Sometimes, depending on how I have my browser window sized, it will not include the entire polygon within the extent. Small portions of the polygon are not visible without scrolling out to a larger scale. It was my understanding that the entire feature would be contained within the extent.

The application is hosted in our AGOL account servers, so I only have access to the basic template configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Unfortunately not.
0 Kudos