Basic viewer app

Jump to solution
02-05-2015 05:07 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to set the default toolbar that pop-ups on the right side of the app. The one that I am using the Measure toolbar pop-ups first. But I want the layers tool box to pop-up. Can I change this? Or do I have to download it then do some configuring. The reason I ask is because I have pop-ups configured in my app. And when the measure tool box is on the po-ups don't work you have to click on the layers icon and have that box open on the right side for the pop-ups to work. is this a known bug? or is this just how the app works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Erik,

Yes, you can change this by configuring the app.  Navigate to the application in ArcGIS.com and click Configure App:

screen2.png

You will then be able to set the active tool:

screen1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Erik,

Yes, you can change this by configuring the app.  Navigate to the application in ArcGIS.com and click Configure App:

screen2.png

You will then be able to set the active tool:

screen1.png

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Thanks Jake. I completely overlooked that. Much appreciated

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Jake

That still didn't work. My measure tool still pop-ups first regardless what I set the active tool at. Bug?

But my new question is: Is there a LOD limit with the basemaps with this app. So previously to get around this limit because our field crews need to zoom in real close on intersections were there may be a bunch of valves I created a simple basemap of our streets and published that and made that our default basemap which allowed us to zoom in as close as we want. And because the maps took the zoom level of the default basemap when we switched to the aerials using explorer it allowed us to zoom in tight with aerials.

However using the basic viewer app when we switch to the aerial from our default streets map the aerials disappear when we zoom in. Is this just how this particular app works or is there a way to get it to use the zoom levels on our default basemap like explorer does. I hope this makes since

0 Kudos