Select to view content in your preferred language

Add JavaScript script to run when button clicked

08-07-2024 07:55 AM
MelissaGearman
Occasional Contributor

I created an Instant App using the Manager template. The configurable app Crowdsource Manager was closer to what I needed but since that is going away soon I was steered toward this instant app option. One thing I need this application to do is run a script every time the "Update" button is pushed after an item has been edited. Is there a way to do this with the Instant App or am I going to have to go about this a different way?

Thanks!  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

It is not possible to have the instant app run custom javascript when the Update button is pushed. 

0 Kudos
MelissaGearman
Occasional Contributor

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? Will I have to create an app in Experience Builder? Will the Instant Apps be configurable in the future? I'm curious why configurable apps are being replaced with instant apps if the capabilities of instant are limited compared to the Configurable apps? 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

This might be a case for Experience Builder . The Crowdsource Manager configurable app didn't allow the addition of custom JavaScript either. 

What capability in Crowdsource Manager do you see missing in Manager?

0 Kudos
MelissaGearman
Occasional Contributor

I'll see what I can do with Experience Builder.

The layout in Crowdsource Manager was much better. Being able to click on the row to pull up details of the feature is much easier for users instead of having to click a small box next to the feature. And having the color visualization of the status of the feature is very useful. The edit box in the Crowdsource Manager just had better visual appeal. The Manager editing box is literally just the edit widget thrown into the app.

0 Kudos