Select to view content in your preferred language

Sidebar App - Layer Widget Icons

01-25-2024 02:39 AM
James_Shreeve
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Simple idea, which I believe can be implemented in Experience Builder 

Could it be possible to change the eye icon on the layer list to a tick box? The eye icon isn't that obvious and a tick box is much more. Or at least have the option to change between the two?

James_Shreeve_0-1706179077973.png

James 

3 Comments
KellyHutchins

@James_Shreeve  we do have plans to make this a configurable option but for now the Sidebar app supports a URL parameter that will allow you to change from "eyeballs" to "checkboxes". To test it out append layerListType=checkbox to your app url. Here's an example:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/sidebar/index.html?appid=95f26b9abb834827a168f628c08d9695&layerL...

If you like the checkbox look you can use a tool like AGO Assistant to update the app data to store layerListType and have it work without the URL parameter. If you'd like instructions on how to do this let me know. 

James_Shreeve

Hi @KellyHutchins, thanks for getting back to my idea. Good to hear it's planning to be a configuarable option in the future, personally just think it's clearer for the users (who may not be familiar with GIS/ESRI) which layer is currently on/off and how to change it. 

Just checked thi on the Sidebar App I've created and the checkboxes appear instead which is perfect, our app is for internal use only so the additional parameter on the URL is fine in the meantime. 

I've not heard of AGO Assistant before, so would be interesting to hear about it, only if it doesn't take too long! Thanks again.

SarahNoakes1

Hi @KellyHutchins - is the checkbox option going to be rolled out across all Instant Apps? We find the eyeballs really counter-intuitive.