Select to view content in your preferred language

Include copyright on the Export to pdf tool

Monday
SarahNoakes1
Occasional Contributor II

The Export to pdf tool doesn't include the copyright.  Our basemaps are licensed to us by Ordnance Survey, and to display the map without the copyright and our licence number breaks the terms of the agreement.  This makes this tool useless to us, but it is a function our users want.

It seems like a massive oversight not to include the copyright information in the Export tool.

Tags (3)
4 Comments
AndyGarwood

Hi Sarah, you might want to jump in on this post as well - until we are able to create and share print templates from within AGOL I doubt you will get the above - crazy as that is...  Inc don't have OS copyright issues to think about I guess...

ArcGIS Online Print Templates - Page 2 - Esri Community 

SarahNoakes1

Hi @AndyGarwood ,

Thanks for pointing out that other Idea.  I'm surprised the copyright isn't included in the export as it's not just our UK basemaps that are affected - lots of data comes under licence and should be properly credited.  

It is a complete blocker for us though 😞

AndyGarwood

@SarahNoakes1  you can host your own templates and serve to a REST site for use in apps? I am forced to have a single enterprise server for just print templates to enable corporate logo and copyright - otherwise i would be 100% AGOL Cloud....

hopefully we can host, at a reasonable credit cost on AGOL soon

SarahNoakes1

Thanks for the suggestion @AndyGarwood  - I may go down that route for some of our other mapping websites, but this one I am determined to keep as simple as possible - hence using the basic Instant App.