Select to view content in your preferred language

Page filter with multiple selections

Jump to solution
Friday
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Is there a page filter that has multiple pull down filters on the same card?  Something like this...

TylerT_0-1718370037999.png

Or, if not, what is the best approximate alternative?

Thank you,

Tyler

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler, 

Apologies; I misinterpreted your question. We don't have a style similar to that. but you can make it look like that.

• On every card, the small carret icon will hide the header that says Fitler 1 and 2.
  • The filter widget can be configured to hide the include, exclude, and reset buttons.
  • Set the border style to none
    • AkshayHarshe_0-1718638263622.png
  • Remove the Card background color and resize the cards
  • Finally, create a text and media widget add add text for your headers. to achieve somethign like this:

AkshayHarshe_1-1718638557181.png

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @TylerT 

Insights shines at interactive and exploratory analysis. I will encourage you to think about different ways of filtering and explore your analysis using combinations of filters available, such as the Filter widget (a predefined filter if you are using <2023.3), cross filters, card filters, and advanced card filters. 

I am assuming all the columns in your screenshot above are coming from the same dataset. If so, it is best to use charts and graphs for broader categories. e.g. 

1. There could be a filter widget configured for the year drop-down.
  2. "Current Week" Could be a filter widget with advanced filter with expression `DATEDIFF(DATE,NOW(),"D") <7`
  3. A heat map or stacked bar chart could represent the organization market and submarket, while Global and domestic account name columns could be summary or reference tables. Cards enabled with cross filters will dynamically update when clicked on ther related cards.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

That screen shot was just an example of the style of filter I'm looking for, a series of pull down filters.  For simplicity sake, can I put two pull down filters on one filter card or are they going to be total separate filters/cards as shown below?

TylerT_0-1718393870650.png

Thank you,

Tyler

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler, 

Apologies; I misinterpreted your question. We don't have a style similar to that. but you can make it look like that.

• On every card, the small carret icon will hide the header that says Fitler 1 and 2.
  • The filter widget can be configured to hide the include, exclude, and reset buttons.
  • Set the border style to none
    • AkshayHarshe_0-1718638263622.png
  • Remove the Card background color and resize the cards
  • Finally, create a text and media widget add add text for your headers. to achieve somethign like this:

AkshayHarshe_1-1718638557181.png

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos