Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcInsights Desktop workbook share fail

Jump to solution
07-28-2022 12:35 PM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to share a `workbook` on AGOL with my organization, but it fails every time with no details in the error message even though I am signed in.

It's odd though, I shared another workbook a few days and that shared just fine, so I don't know what's going on with this one.

How can I fix this?

SaadullahBaloch_0-1659036904503.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

I suspect that is what's happening here, it is failing because of the workbook size. There's no way to increase the limit  for AGO but if you share to Enterprise there is no limit. Is that possible for your workflow?

I've recently logged a similar issue that I discovered recently and so I'll add your situation as well.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@Ed_,

If you export the workbook from Desktop and import within AGO, does it work?

Scott 

0 Kudos
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Good day Scott, can you please explain what do you mean by "import within AGO"? I mean I was trying to export it to AGOL > My Organization. 

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Sure thing. There are two ways to get a workbook from Desktop to AGO.

1. You can share the workbook from the workbook page

Scott_Aulen_0-1659371058185.png

2. You can export the workbook to your machine and then upload to AGO.

Scott_Aulen_1-1659371095986.png

Do both options fail for you? What is the size of the workbook?

0 Kudos
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Scott,

The first method fails as shown in the screenshot. I'll try the second method and report back. I'll share the workbook size once it completes saving. BTW the Insights Desktop app would really benefit from a workbook save/upload progress bar in percentage.

Cheers

Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

@Scott_Aulen, the workbook size is around 208 MB which is greater than the 100 MB upload limit. Thus, it fails to upload. Is there a way to increase/override this limit?

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

I suspect that is what's happening here, it is failing because of the workbook size. There's no way to increase the limit  for AGO but if you share to Enterprise there is no limit. Is that possible for your workflow?

I've recently logged a similar issue that I discovered recently and so I'll add your situation as well.

Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Yep that worked cheers.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
Occasional Contributor

I am getting the same error (what was originally posted) when trying to share my desktop Insights workbook with my Enterprise portal. I also tried to export (from desktop) and import (to ENT portal) and get another error (attached). 
My export is 2529KB, but size shouldn't matter anyway because it is our ENT portal, right?

0 Kudos