analysis services database connection

Jump to solution
12-05-2017 01:46 PM
WinstonMcKenna
New Contributor III

Has anyone been able to create an analysis services database connection within Insights? The Insights help page only lists four types of database connections but there is no mention of an analysis services connection. Can this be remedied by installing an extra OLEDB driver on the web adaptor or data store? Does anyone have some advice and discoveries to share?

-Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Winston,

Adding to Aravind's point... We do not currently support this. Supporting connections to analysis services databases in Insights is on our long-term road map, but not immediate.

I would strongly encourage you to post your ideas and recommended enhancements to the Ideas site for Insights.

We always appreciate feedback from our users and leverage the ideas posted here when making considerations for upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Nathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Winston,

My apologies for reaching out to this thread a little late. I was hoping you could provide me with an example of analysis services database connection within Insights for ArcGIS. To clarify, adding database connection in Insights for ArcGIS is currently restricted to the workflow of allowing users to bring in their enterprise database and geodatabase data as tables that can then further be visualized as tables, chart cards and geocoded as spatial data in map cards. We don't support using OLEDB connections to Insights at the moment as well. 

Further clarification on these queries would be very much appreciated. Have a wonderful rest of the week! 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Winston,

Adding to Aravind's point... We do not currently support this. Supporting connections to analysis services databases in Insights is on our long-term road map, but not immediate.

I would strongly encourage you to post your ideas and recommended enhancements to the Ideas site for Insights.

We always appreciate feedback from our users and leverage the ideas posted here when making considerations for upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
WinstonMcKenna
New Contributor III

Nathan, Aravind,

Thanks for the replies to my post. On Nathan's suggestion, I will add some recommendations to the Ideas site. It will probably be easier to get suggestions out there instead of on GeoNet. GeoNet is not always the best page for a brain dump, especially when attempting to go into detail.