Select to view content in your preferred language

Repeating unit name in indoors

Jump to solution
01-09-2024 03:55 AM
AbhyanshuGupta
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on ArcGIS Indoors and was creating a floor aware map. I noticed that some unit name is assigned to multiple units and also their Unit ID is same. I have attached an image in which L1E145 unit is coming three times why am i facing this behavior, similarly for unit L1E175. 

Why is this happening i have followed the steps of the arcgis indoors tutorial provided by ESRI, is this an issue of the CAD file? Screenshot 2024-01-09 171912.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Hi @AbhyanshuGupta --

You're essentially correct that this result is due to the CAD data. This result is happening because of differences in the way CAD and GIS denote polygon "holes". It is not uncommon for ArcGIS Pro to read concentric closed shapes in the CAD as overlapping polygons. After import, it's important to check for these and other potential data quality issues that may be the result of conditions in the CAD data.  

If you're following the Load Data to the ArcGIS Indoors Information Model tutorial, steps to resolve this data quality issue post-import are described starting on page 8 of the PDF. To learn how CAD data can be prepared to help avoid this happening during import, see this bullet of the Prepare CAD for ArcGIS Indoors help topic.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Hi @AbhyanshuGupta --

You're essentially correct that this result is due to the CAD data. This result is happening because of differences in the way CAD and GIS denote polygon "holes". It is not uncommon for ArcGIS Pro to read concentric closed shapes in the CAD as overlapping polygons. After import, it's important to check for these and other potential data quality issues that may be the result of conditions in the CAD data.  

If you're following the Load Data to the ArcGIS Indoors Information Model tutorial, steps to resolve this data quality issue post-import are described starting on page 8 of the PDF. To learn how CAD data can be prepared to help avoid this happening during import, see this bullet of the Prepare CAD for ArcGIS Indoors help topic.

0 Kudos
AbhyanshuGupta
New Contributor III

Thanks @JasonHineEsri  for your response. The link provided by you did solve my query. I was having a look at the other steps also mentioned in the document Load data to the ArcGIS Indoors Information Model - Overview in this document on page 13, they have mentioned about some Data Reviewer batch jobs file(.rbj files) through which we can test our CAD Data. Do you have any idea where i can find these file i wanted to try these out.

Regards

0 Kudos