Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamic Categories for Floor Aware Maps

Jump to solution
05-17-2024 08:16 AM
KevinDohner
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to have the Indoors Categories be filtered dynamically? Essentially the idea is, if I have a floor aware map of a building, and setup a category for that building that relates to the restrooms, I can just make the where clause be "USE_TYPE = 'Restroom'" and then that category will only show the rooms that are classified as restrooms based on what the floor is currently selected in the floor filter.

At the moment, if I were to use that clause, then when someone clicks on that category, they will see a whole list of restrooms for the entire building regardless of what floor they are looking at. The only thing I can think of to workaround that is to create sub-categories for each floor which is a bit of a hassle if you have multiple categories that need to be filtered per-floor.

Am I missing some sort of behavior or solution to achieve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

I'm unaware of any settings that allow you to make categories floor aware. From what I've gathered using categories, they are configured to help the user find anything in that category that is relatively nearby. It's really more of a "find nearest" rather than a directory listing. This becomes more obvious when using the mobile app rather than just the Indoors Viewer.  If I need to go to another floor to use the restroom because it's the closest one to me, I'll probably want to know where that restroom is.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

I'm unaware of any settings that allow you to make categories floor aware. From what I've gathered using categories, they are configured to help the user find anything in that category that is relatively nearby. It's really more of a "find nearest" rather than a directory listing. This becomes more obvious when using the mobile app rather than just the Indoors Viewer.  If I need to go to another floor to use the restroom because it's the closest one to me, I'll probably want to know where that restroom is.

0 Kudos
KevinDohner
New Contributor II

I think that makes sense. I think that restrooms might have been a bad example. I see how showing stuff in a building regardless of what floor you are looking at is beneficial.

I guess my real gripe is you have a good floor filter that interacts well with just about everything except categories which in some cases could benefit from the floor filter.

0 Kudos