ArcGIS Indoors

Jump to solution
11-28-2021 03:15 AM
omarfarag
New Contributor

Can I just use a arcgis online account for deploying ArcGIS Indoors or i have to get enterprise for puplishing my network services ? @Anonymous User 

Thanks in advance .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

The directional wayfinding and closest facility network services for indoors require ArcGIS Enterprise Portal.

You can still deploy indoor maps, mobile packages, and indoor viewer and space planner apps only within the ArcGIS Online cloud.

The indoor viewer app's configuration provides an option to add the network service from ArcGIS Enterprise Portal.

I hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My knowledge in ArcGIS Indoors is very restricted. My response is more on the licensing point of view.

I believe ArcGIS Online doesn't have the functionality to share a network service. Maybe the ArcGIS Online organization needs to be collaborated with an ArcGIS Enterprise with Indoors license.

* Use of network analyst services in ArcGIS Online requires access to an ArcGIS Enterprise portal licensed for Indoors.

Prerequisites for Indoor Viewer—ArcGIS Indoors | Documentation

Think Location
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

The directional wayfinding and closest facility network services for indoors require ArcGIS Enterprise Portal.

You can still deploy indoor maps, mobile packages, and indoor viewer and space planner apps only within the ArcGIS Online cloud.

The indoor viewer app's configuration provides an option to add the network service from ArcGIS Enterprise Portal.

I hope this clarifies.

Tags (2)
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@omarfarag in addition to Jinho's response which is specific to Indoor Viewer web app, you should know that the Indoors mobile app uses MMPK (mobile map packages) which can contain your network data so directions and routing is available to all users at all times regardless of the deployment being in ArcGIS Online or Enterprise. The mobile app can also show GPS location (or IPS location is you implement it) on the map to further enhance the direction/navigation experience.

0 Kudos