SVGs and HTML Image Maps?

10-05-2017 12:14 PM
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Does the Open Data platform support svg shapes? If so, what is the best way to incorporate them? If svgs are not supported, can you include html image maps? I am trying to create/include an image of watersheds in the Sierra Nevada that each have there own hyperlink.

Thank you,

SNC

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

To be more specific, when I insert the html code for the image map into the section of the ArcGIS Open Data site editor, it’s not recognizing my coordinates, which are used to identify the clickable areas. It recognizes the image as a whole, but it loses the functionality of a clickable image map. However, when I test the code online through a code tester it works just fine.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Liz, 

I can't find any obvious documentation that says that this is supported - is this image of a map? Would it be possible to use a map from ArcGIS Online instead?

Carmel

AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Hello Carmel,

Yes and no. It is a simplified illustration of a map that only shows the outlines of the watersheds and State of California. It does not include a basemap or any other spatial data. I have used an iframe in the past, and will consider using one again to incorporate and ArcGIS Online web map as you have suggested. 

Thank you,

SNC

0 Kudos