Support for OGC standards?

Jump to solution
10-03-2014 12:09 PM
MatthewBull
New Contributor II

Do ESRI have plans to support the publication of data using OGC standards such as WMS and WFS from ArcGIS Open Data?  If so, any idea on timescales?  I'd love for my organisation to use this platform but we need support for OGC standards.  It's incredibly frustrating that it's not an option at present.

Cheers

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarlWarschau
New Contributor III

Hi Matt,

ArcGIS for Server supports WMS and WFS, therefore if your open data is served from AGS then Open Data will detect this and present the user with the relevent OGC options. See here.

Hope this helps,

Karl

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KarlWarschau
New Contributor III

Hi Matt,

ArcGIS for Server supports WMS and WFS, therefore if your open data is served from AGS then Open Data will detect this and present the user with the relevent OGC options. See here.

Hope this helps,

Karl

MatthewBull
New Contributor II

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your response.  I wasn't aware of that so things are better than I thought!  I still think it would be good if AGOL itself supported the publication of OGC services (without the need for ArcGIS Server).  Do you know if ESRI have any plans to do this?

Thanks

Matt

KarlWarschau
New Contributor III

Hi Matt,

I don't know but the team are doing amazing things with ArcGIS Online, so watch this space.

Cheers,

Karl

0 Kudos