Summary Text will not update

10-24-2023 10:37 AM
JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Help needed for an annoying thing happening. I have updated the summary description of my Hub site to be blank/missing. However, when I go to post the link into Twitter/X I am still seeing the older, incorrect summary listed. How to I remove the older summary that seems to be "sticky"? I've already refreshed my browser history and that has not worked. 

Thanks,

Jess

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

@JessicaCigna, does the incorrect summary happen when you edit the summary to include content, not leaving it blank? 

0 Kudos
JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

Yes, I did have newer text in the summary but it was still showing the older text when linked placed into Twitter/X. I then removed the newer text entirely and it also still showed the older text. 

0 Kudos
JessicaCigna
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
Alex-Santos
Occasional Contributor

Are you making the edit directly in the ArcGIS Online content item (hub site application) or through the Hub editor under settings > summary? If so, maybe there's a conflict happening where you need to do it in hub editor and 'publish.' You could also use https://ago-assistant.esri.com to check the narrative in 'snippet' within the item's json.

0 Kudos
JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

Thanks so much @Alex-Santos for all of these suggestions and help. I believe that when I made the original edits I did so on the application page. When I realized the older text was 'sticking' in Twitter/X,  I made the text removal edit in the Hub editor under settings > summary. I just checked the json as you suggested and I am also seeing nothing in snippet/summary is blank.

I just did another round of testing. Interesting findings. Facebook does NOT show the older text but Twitter/X does. So, I think there is a strong likelihood that this is not an ESRI issue but a very weird Twitter/X issue.  Very strange and frustrating. This tool is to report voter turnout data for an upcoming election and one way we get it out to the public is through Social Media.