Other Data types in ArcGIS Online Open Data

Jump to solution
03-13-2015 06:03 AM
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

The ArcGIS Online Open Data documentation mentions that there are other data types supported, such as Web Maps, URLs, Documents, and PDFs.  The documentation is confusing to me.  It says that they are supported, but don't have their own dataset page.  Users can search for them and access them from the search results, but they "will not appear on opendata.arcgis.com."

How are they supported by Open Data if they "will not appear on opendata.ArcGIS.com?"

My need is this.  I have a couple of very large datasets (model output in vector and raster format) that are being shared through my agency's webpage as zipped geodatabases.  Instead of loading the data into a service and sharing them out, it is our preference to simply create an ArcGIS Online item with a document link to the download URL for the zip file.  I would then like to share these ArcGIS online items with my opendata site to make the data discoverable.

I've completed the steps to make the items public and share them with open data, they show up in my Open Data Site's "Data Report" list, but are no where to be found on my Open Data site.  Here are the links to the items:

Am I doing something wrong or are document links really not supported in ArcGIS Online's OpenData?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Christopher,

Other data types should show up in your site now. If not automatically, try hitting 'update index' in your admin area.

Thank you for your patience!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Chris,

Document links will appear on your organization's Open Data site, but not on the community site (opendata.arcgis.com). There is a known bug causing them not to appear on your org site right now, and a fix is pending. I'll circle back here when it is fixed.

Courtney

ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks Courtney!

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Christopher,

Other data types should show up in your site now. If not automatically, try hitting 'update index' in your admin area.

Thank you for your patience!

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Courtney,  I noticed that my "document link" to my zip files hosted on my agency's domain showed up in OpenData last Friday.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Great!