Opendata site with data not shared publicly

10-18-2018 07:08 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, 

I I couldn't figure out how to get  feature services that shared with  the organization only (NOT publicly)  to show under the opendata  tag in Hub site.

In my case if I shared the feature service publicly it appears under the hub opendata and I can access it and download it, but if I changed the sharing properties to share only with the organization only it stops appearing in the open data and it appears only under the items and the download button is deactivated.

Shared with the ORG:

Open data doesn't show it:

I still can see it in the items view but I cant download:

But the feature service shared with everyone :

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry we didn't catch this, but I wanted to let you know that we've recently released an update to search that changes how private data is handled. Any item you share to an open data group that isn't shared publicly will now show up under "Restricted": 

Download should be enabled for items in the restricted catalog, but let us know if you see similar behavior with the new search.

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1

Hi Patrick,

Nice to hear that! I can see the "Restricted" group, but unfortunately its the same as before, I can see the items I shared to an open data group that isn't shared publicly but I cannot download them unless I share them publicly! 

If the layer shared public:

For the same layer but shared only with the org:

What do you think? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ahmed,

Can you share the URL for the item when download isn't enabled and the URL for the item when it is? 

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1

Patrick,

I am using arcgis online sample server to test the issue, and still getting the same behavior!

when the feature layer is shared publicly the download work but if its shared with the org only it doesn't !

https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Earthquakes_Since1970/FeatureServer/0

feature layer is shared with org only:

feature layer is shared with public:

Thank you,

Ahmad

0 Kudos