OpenData download problems

Jump to solution
12-02-2015 01:02 PM
deleted-user-Bkz8cHvtt5bs
New Contributor III

There have been quite a few issues lately with downloads of data.  I even tried to change most of the datasets taht are not versioned to be a manual cache so that I can ensure 1 good download on ESRI servers.  Unfortunately, I've been receiveing a lot of complaints from my users, particularly about this dataset:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/68fbc06232164ce6b6b0d046e906b885_0

Can this be fixed on ESRI's end?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
deleted-user-Bkz8cHvtt5bs
New Contributor III

When we completed lowering the number of features downloaded to 1,000, increasing the heap size for both the SOC and the Server Heaps, cleared the caches, and determined which downloads should really be manual (the more static datasets) versus automatic (often updated), the download performance was greatly increased on our OpenData site.

Thanks for your help Daniel!

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

I've been having trouble with this service in particular. I don't know if its a similar problem to the others in this thread?

Dataset | MDC Open Data

The dataset has slightly over 100,000 records and is a dataset of LiDAR contours, so each record can have a lot of vertices. Are there too many features in this dataset to be able to download or is there a server setting which is causing the downloads to fail to generate?

Generally when I try download this, the generating download bar will go up to about 80-90%, then fail.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Malcolm, sorry for the slow reply. For some reason I stopped getting Geonet notifications.

I'm looking into this dataset and will let you know what I find.

Daniel

0 Kudos