Landing Page controlled by user account

Jump to solution
10-31-2019 04:56 AM
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I understand that we can now use Hub behind an organisation so only members of the AGOL organisation can see the sites and pages.  Thanks, this is a great development and opens up this tool for us. 

What I am wondering/hoping for is that, now that a user must log on to access the site, we can improve their custom experience.  What I would like to do is that if someone from Sales logs on, they are taken to the Sales Site home page.  If someone from Operations logs on they are taken to the Operations Site home page.  No clicking to navigate, it just opens in front of them.

Taking this further, if someone from Operations logs on and they are based in our Singapore office they are take to the Operations site, Singapore Page (for example).

I know I can create links etc. so that all sites/pages can be navigated but too many clicks to get them to their natural landing page will make adoption that much harder.  

Is this possible or in the pipeline.

Liam
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep - items pulled into the menu bar and gallery card only show if the user can see those items....so you can share it to select users via group or to your entire organization...and yet the public would see nothing, the users not in groups would only see org shared items....and the users in the select groups would see the content shared via those groups.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are working on a sort of home site functionality and have plans for a user-centric view of Hub. However, for now, I suggest considering a sort of Home site that can use gallery cards and header menu links to show different users different content. This way you can distribute one site to everyone and through their access they'll see additional links / cards for additional department-specific sites.

0 Kudos
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Graham.

Am I right in thinking that the control of this workaround would be linked to which AGOL Groups a user is a member of?

Cheers

Liam

Liam
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep - items pulled into the menu bar and gallery card only show if the user can see those items....so you can share it to select users via group or to your entire organization...and yet the public would see nothing, the users not in groups would only see org shared items....and the users in the select groups would see the content shared via those groups.