Download Issues in Open Data / Hub

08-02-2017 07:35 AM
PatrickKielty
New Contributor III

We have updated to version 2.0 of Open Data (now Hub). Our site mostly uses this Service to populate our Open Data data-sets: GISSUP/GISSUP (MapServer) 

Some of the Services work and the user is able to download. For Example, this layer works fine: Layer: RMSSEG (ID: 10) 

but then another Layer does not: Layer: RMSTRAFFIC (ID: 11) 

The Map Preview on our Open Data page has a error message in the upper left: "An error occurred fetching map data" and when we attempt to download we get "Status: An error occurred. Download failed." Both data-sets are from the same database. I have tried resetting the service, Updating Index, and Reset Dataset and Downloads on ArcGIS Hub admin pages. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Patrick, I'm seeing an error with the SSL certificate that server is using. It looks good here: SSL Analyzer and SSL Certificate Checker | COMODO so I'm not yet sure what the issue is. We'll look into it.

ChristopherHardin
New Contributor

I am having the same issue trying to download layers from the Alabama GeoHub open data site.  The same error message about 'download failed' comes up, but I am having no problems attempting to download other layers associated with a different account. 

http://data-algeohub.opendata.arcgis.com/ 

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi Christopher,

It’s unlikely that it’s the same underlying issue. Nevertheless, can you share a direct link to a dataset that is not downloading?

Thanks,

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer | ArcGIS Hub

0 Kudos
ChristopherHardin
New Contributor

Hello Daniel --

Is there any update on this issue?  I am still having the same problem downloading the above datasets.  I tried downloading both spreadsheet and shapefile versions, from both Firefox and Edge. 

Thank you-

Chris

0 Kudos
PatrickKielty
New Contributor III

We still have no solution for this issue. About 1/3 of our services will not work. Some I have been able to host on AGOL but our larger datasets are still have errors. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Daniel,

I see some of the suggested items are to . 1) Generalize the Lines to reduce the number of vertices. 2) Host directly on AGOL and 3) Split up the data into smaller areas. We have a dataset that is updated every night, so these options are problematic - has there been any other solutions identified?  thanks 

0 Kudos
PatrickKielty
New Contributor III

Hi Linda, I am not sure if Esri has any updates but we still have several datasets that have download issues. Our best solution so far has been to host the data as a static File GeoDatabase and then provide a link for users to download the entire data set. We create a model to run the process automatically and it has worked pretty well so far. Still, I wish this issue would be addressed. It would be nice to just put our data on our server and let Open Data take care of the rest with out any problems. 

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

We're still unable to determine why the certificate is rejected. We are working on another solution that involves upgrading some our infrastructure, but that is going to take some time.

I see that these services support http access. Are you able to register the services using their http url? That would be a good workaround from my perspective.

0 Kudos