Does ArcGIS Hub support maps where general public can leave comments?

06-11-2021 01:45 PM
ColinDelargy
New Contributor

Hi all,

This is kind of a general question from a new ArcGIS Hub user, but does ArcGIS Hub support hosting maps where members of the general public (as well as ArcGIS users) can leave comments/feedback on existing maps, for example for a development project? So far, I'm only seeing maps where information can flow in one direction.

I'm thinking of something along these lines:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 4.44.28 PM.png

Here, users can add their feedback to a map and comment on other people's responses.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrendaWolfe
Esri Contributor

Hi Colin, this is something the Hub team is exploring.  There are also public commenting capabilities in ArcGIS Urban.  I would be happy to chat with you to more fully understand your use case as that helps our development team.  Please feel free to message me directly, bwolfe@esri.com

Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

There are a couple of ArcGIS Solutions which have the ability to get public comment in the local government space, and the first one is directly related to development:

Land Use Outreach 

Land Use Outreach can be used to share development regulations, construction activity, and solicit feedback on current land cases from the public.

Citizen Problem Reporter 

Citizen Problem Reporter can be used to solicit non-emergency problem reports (for example, blight, graffiti, trash, potholes, clogged drains, and flooding) from the general public.

If you haven't heard of Solutions yet, they are prebuilt maps, apps, and data schemas created by Esri to meet common needs of organisations. They are freely available and you can deploy them straight into ArcGIS Online or your Enterprise. Then when you are ready they can be shared with your Hub.