Clone a Non-Public Hub Site

Jump to solution
12-08-2022 08:03 AM
NSamu
by
New Contributor III

Hello, I am helping to develop an ArcGIS Hub website for our organization and would like to know the best practice for copying and reusing draft Hub websites and pages that are not published? We are not ready to publish the draft site yet but would like to recycle parts of it in the next iteration of updates to the site for review (without getting rid of the original draft). Is there a way to do this without publishing our draft site and then cloning it? Is this the only option? If so, how do we unpublish the site after it is cloned? I would appreciate any input and/or best practices for this purpose.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor

Hi @NSamu!

Sites do not have to be shared publicly in order to be cloneable. While you do have to publish the current site draft in order to clone a site, publishing the draft on its own does not make the site publicly available.

Visibility of the site itself is controlled by the Share settings panel in the site editor:

chrome_1TLv5mBnNH.png

If you don't want the site or any of its clones to be publicly available while it's being worked on, set the sharing settings the to Organization or Owner level. Note that any folks you want to review the site while its set to either of those sharing levels will need an account to your ArcGIS Online organization in order to access the site.

Additional documentation:

Let me know if I can help clarify anything further!

Sydney

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor

Hi @NSamu!

Sites do not have to be shared publicly in order to be cloneable. While you do have to publish the current site draft in order to clone a site, publishing the draft on its own does not make the site publicly available.

Visibility of the site itself is controlled by the Share settings panel in the site editor:

chrome_1TLv5mBnNH.png

If you don't want the site or any of its clones to be publicly available while it's being worked on, set the sharing settings the to Organization or Owner level. Note that any folks you want to review the site while its set to either of those sharing levels will need an account to your ArcGIS Online organization in order to access the site.

Additional documentation:

Let me know if I can help clarify anything further!

Sydney

NSamu
by
New Contributor III

Sydney, thank you for clarifying. I just tried this and it works exactly like you said. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos